Many successful people use visualization techniques to help them achieve their goals. The universal energy is all around us, the universe responds to our thoughts and the thoughts in our minds. Whatever thoughts from our brain and words that we speak are projected into the universe, which returns back to us based on the law of cause and effect.
- Begin with Gratitude
There are many thoughts that are deeply rooted in our subconscious, many of them negative. The universe loves gratitude, the more gratitude we gives, the more positivities we get in return. Gratitude puts things in perspective. I find that when I give gratitude, no matter how small or insignificant from a worldly perspective, the appreciation for the beauty and wonder around me always magnifies. Giving gratitude in everyday life is one of the simplest ways to tune my mind and eyes towards a positive direction. Keep a gratitude journal, write something to be grateful everyday, feel this love that is being sent out to the universe through the practice of gratitude. The universe always responds.
- Repeat the words that you want to become, just before you sleep
Our subconscious mind is our best friend. From Joseph Murphy’s “The power of your subconscious mind”, the best time to impregnate an idea into your subconscious mind is before is just before bedtime.
Repeat your vision just before bedtime. If you have a dream to become a writer for example. Repeat “successful writer” just before drifting off to slumberland and allow your subconscious to provide the divine guidance in the right direction.
- Meditation and visualization
Meditation has been a big part of my life since I experienced the miracle of meditation at Happy Science. Routine meditation coupled with self reflection practice polishes the soul, allowing me to connect with my inner self or guardian spirit. To me, meditation is like making a phone call to the divine, receiving direct guidance through my inner self. After meditation, with a calm mind, the practice of visualization is especially effective.
For this exercise, it doesn’t matter if you are a regular meditator. Just use your imagination.
- Sit comfortably in a quiet room with your palms facing up
- Breath in through your nose, inflat your stomach and breath out through your mouth
- Continue this breathing concentration for a few minutes
- Once your mind has calmed down, imagine the vision that you have. During this time, new inspiration may be received. Do not judge, just relax and enjoy the vision.
- After the breathing concentration and visualization, write down the image and any inspirations that you have received. I have include a free printable to jot down your vision and inspirations
- Important points to note:
- Have faith in the divine and universe. The divine and universe always responds
- After visualization, consider the actions required towards achieving the vision. Write them down beside your vision and start taking action. No matter how small the action is, the universe always responds.
- Have a vision that can give love and happiness to many people. In this way, your inner self will sure be shining brightly with pure joy and happiness.