Do you have problems keeping track of the whole family’s schedule. If you are like me, with a family of 3 kids, I used to find it difficult to keep track of all my kids’ and hubby’s schedule. My eldest will inform me that her best friend invited her for a birthday party in a couple of weeks time, and the date will slip my mind in a matter of minutes! Add in after school activities, music classes, sports days, hubby’s dinner parties, parents in laws’ birthdays etc, I really struggle.. until I found this family calendar to keep track of everyone’s schedule. To keep things simple in my family, I asked my kids and hubby to update their calendar independently. It makes family life so much more organised, and straightforward.
Today, we are going to show you how to create your own family calendar with Microsoft Powerpoint quickly. The beauty of using Microsoft Powerpoint is user friendly and simple. For a simple family calendar, this can be created very quickly with the step by step instructions below.
1. Open Microsoft Powerpoint. Click Design tab, click “slide size” on top right corner, select “custom slide size”.
3. Key 8.67 inch for width and 11.69 inch for height into the pop up window. This is the dimension for A4 paper.
4. This will be the slide in A4 portrait size. Right click and select format background.
5. Under the format background window on the right hand side, select “Pattern fill”, the choose the pattern that you like. I have selected the polka dot design. Next select the desired colour from “foreground”, located just below the patterns. I have selected orange in my example.
8. Click inset, select insert table. In the insert table pop up window, input “6” for number of columns and “16” for number of rows.
9. Move the top, approximately at the 1st grid row. Type in the Name, followed by the dates in first column of the table.
10. Format the table to the desired colours. 1. Change the lines of the table to orange by changing the pen colour (refer to diagram below. 2. Select the borders desired. 3. Select “no fill” for the entire table.
11. Fill in the colours for calendar. 1. Fill the “name”, “Sat” and “Sun” rows with your desired colour. I have selected gold accent in this example. Fill the rest of the table white.
12. For month header, add a rounded rectangle box on top of the table. Then add a text box, type “March 2017” into the text box.
13. Add a box below the calendar. Change the fill colour of the box to white and it is done.
14. Enjoy your calendar!
This calendar allows you to see the entire family’s schedule at one glance, it is low maintenance and can easily be customized to your family needs. Throw in some beautiful stickers, and this will make such a pretty practical planner that the entire family can use. Once the template is done up, it can be easily duplicated to other months. Enjoy planning away with your family!