Tumeric is an amazing spice, labelled as the golden spice of life, typically used in curry. This is the spice which gives curry the classic yellow mustard colour. The root has been used in for centuries in chinese and ayurvedic medicine. Recent western research has backed up what the Indians have known for a long time. The main component in tumeric, curcumin has extraordinary anti-viral, anti-fungal, antioxidant and wound healing activities. It is no wonder that other than being used in cooking and medicine, tumeric face mask has long been applied topically by Indians for glowing skin as well as to deter any blemishes.
This face mask can be easily prepared at home for radiant glowing skin. The potent anti bacterial properties renders this golden spice very effective against acne.
This mask consists of only 2 ingredients:
2 teaspoon of plain yogurt
1/4 teaspoon of tumeric powder
- Remove all traces of makeup with a facial cleanser.
- Gently wash your face with warm water to open up your pores.
- Mix above ingredients thoroughly.
- Slather a mixure onto face. Sit for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with cool water and a gentle face cleanser.