Yes! It is the season for decluttering. To kick off the spring cleaning for the Chinese New Year, I have planned to start off the decluttering with clothes. I am really looking forward to this chance to declutter the house. When clutter accumulates in our house over time, our cortisol levels builds up. The piles of stuff that builds up in our surroundings distracts us, creating restlessness in our lives. I know that decluttering the house aids in decluttering our mind, to restore the peace and joy in our living environment.
For the decluttering, I plan to follow some parts of the Kon Marie method:
- Tackle by categories, not locations.
- Tidy in the order of clothers -> books -> papers -> miscellanous
- Determine if the items sparks joy
- Discard before your place things back
I have found personally that clothes are the easiest to declutter. So this is where I will start with tidying the clothes, to keep the fire in the spring cleaning going. To aid in this process, I would like to share the “Clothes Decluttering Memo”. I use this to jot down:-
- The plan and schedule for cleaning out the closets
- Additional storage boxes/labels